When money gets tight, I often look for easy, inexpensive meals to make that taste good and pleases the family. Some people may not appreciate a good tater tot casserole but trust me, this is a good one!
1. Brown 1 1/2 lb. ground beef. Brown it with onion, onion powder, dried onion, or whatever onion seasoning you can get your hands on. Drain well. Place as bottom layer in 9×13 casserole dish.
2. Layer liberally with French’s Fried onions (on top of cooked hamburger).
3. Mix together 1 can cream of chicken or cream of celery soup, with 2 T. soy sauce, pepper, 1/2 c. milk. Fold in 1 can french cut green beans. Spread this layer on top of onion layer.
4. Sprinkle a layer (about 1/4-1/2 c.) of your favorite shredded cheese; I use Colby-jack.
5. Pour a bag of tater tots on top of cheese layer and spread around evenly.
6. Sprinkle with 1 T. Kosher salt and put in a 350 oven for approximately 30 minutes or until tater tots start to brown.
If you wish to add a little flair to your casserole, sprinkle with chives, green onions, or even diced tomato, to suit your taste buds.
Take out of oven and let cool for a few minutes.
Serve alone or with Ketchup. Your kids will LOVE this! 🙂